The answer is YES! Now, the question is how can you do it? If you have a PC, a good headset and of course an internet connection, you can easily make free calls to anywhere in the world. The only thing which you should consider is that the person who you are calling should also have an active account with the VOIP service provider, and they should be online to attend the call. If the other person doesn’t have a VOIP account, then you cannot make any call.
When you have chosen VOIP service, you will be happy to know that “in-network” calling is absolutely free, but there are some service providers who will actually ask you to pay a small fee using which you can easily make “out-of-network” calls. As the article mainly focuses on FREE INTERNET PHONE CALLS, you will learn all the essential aspects of the VOIP providers and how you can make free calls.
Traditional Calling V/S VOIP Calling: Is It A Better Option?
There are many reputed service providers who can actually offer PC based phone calling, but there are some which won’t need a monthly service free when you sign up for them. As you won’t have to pay a single penny for PC to PC calling, you may not get unlimited calls. If you want to make calls to a landline number, then you should probably choose a package where you have to pay a very low cost per minute. This is going to be a great deal for people who talk a lot. It is much cheaper than traditional calling.
So here’s exactly how you can make free P to PC calls:-
- Look for a reputed provider, and then the next step is to install and download the free software. In short, it is the dial pad which you will use to make free calls in all around the world.
- Secondly, you have to register and make a valid account with a valid email address.
- One important thing which you should remember is that the people you are calling should also have the same software. Therefore, you should also ask them to register with the service provider.
- Add your friend’s name in the contact list. The same should be done by your friend. This is important because it will help you know whether they are online or not.
- Plug the headset in the appropriate audio jacks. (You can also do it in the USP port if it is available).
- Click on the contact and then call them- that’s all you have to do if you want to make a free call.
Remember, services offered by the companies might vary, and therefore you have to agree with all the terms and conditions if you want to have an active account. Skype is one of the biggest platforms used by people from all around the world to communicate with each other.
Have a look at some of the other platforms:-
Keep all these platforms in mind to make free phone calls from your PC.