Six Sigma is a methodology of providing continuous improvement in customer satisfaction and profit. Six Sigma is an effective process of delivering near perfect and highly efficient products and services.
Key Concepts of Six Sigma, Six Sigma revolves around these few key concepts.
- Critical to Quality: Attributes are most important to the customer.
- Defect: Failing to deliver what customer wants.
- Process Capability: What your process can deliver.
- Variation: What the customer sees and feels about the product
Six Sigma is a highly effective business-driven process that designed for:
- Improving overall Processes
- Lowering Defects
- Reducing process variability
- Reducing costs
- Increasing customer satisfaction
- Increased profits.
Six Sigma offers six major advantages that attract companies:
- This generates consistent success
- Six Sigma sets a performance goal for everyone
- Enhances value to customers
- Increases the rate of improvement
- Promotes learning and cross-pollination
- Executes strategic change
Six Sigma certification is a confirmation of participant capabilities with respect to specific skills and competencies. Six Sigma certification does not indicate that an individual is capable of doing unlimited process, but they have completed the necessary requirements from the company who is granting the certification.
There are several levels of Six Sigma Certification in Delhi/NCR they are: Executives, Champion, Yellow/Green Belt, Brown/Black Belt, and Master Black Belt.
Six Sigma Champion is the basic form of Six Sigma certification among all. They translate the company’s vision, mission and goals to create an organizational development plan and identify individual projects. They also Identifies resources and then remove roadblocks.
Six Sigma professionals can be seen at every level – each with a different role play. While implementation roles may vary, from professional to professional.
Here is a brief guide to who does what.
- Black Belt: Leads to problem-solving projects. They trains and coaches project teams.
- Green Belt: They assist team with data collection and analysis for Black Belt projects and then lead Green Belt projects or teams.
- Master Black Belt: They normally trains and coaches Black Belts and Green Belts and acts as an internal consultant.
- Yellow Belt: They participate as a project team member and review all the process and improvements.
- White Belt: They only work as local problem-solving teams that support overall projects, and cannot be part of a Six Sigma project team.