Due to the high demand of forged metals in various forms such as ring rolling forging, Self Reinforced Nozzles, Tower Flanges etc; forging industry has today become one of the largest industries of the world. While automobile industry is one of the biggest end users of forged metals, many other industries such as energy, engineering, defence, aeronautics, railways etc are heavily dependent on this particular industry.
Due to this high demand almost every nation around the globe has a large or medium forging industry to its credit. Here is a list of 5 nations who rule the forging industry worldwide:
- Australia: Australia has one of the largest forging industries in the globe. The entire industry can be divided into four major sections: Open Die Forging, Closed Die forging of steel, Non-ferrous forging and Cold and warm forging. Though the country has always been leading the world in forging, of late the nation is facing stiff competitions from China and India. Unless some drastic change occurs, experts predict that the nation will soon lose ground to these two Asian countries.
- India: One of the largest forging industries in the world, Indian forging industry is rapidly growing due to the huge domestic and export demands. While a large part of this industry is still unorganised, there are large players too who are making their marks in the global economy. One of the major production ranges that India specialises in is Ring Rolling Forging. Also Self Reinforced Nozzles (SR Nozzles) are also produced in high quality here in various varieties of steel.
- China: Another south Asian country which has made its mark in the forging industry is China. Specialised in Closed Die forging, Automotive forging, Open die forging and Ring Rolling forging, China is steadily growing in this industry. While aircraft forging is soon becoming a huge industry in this country, Ship building forging and automotive forging is also not negligible.
- Japan:Japan has a well organised forging industry and quite rightfully the country occupies a high rank in world forging industry map. The huge engineering, automobile and energy industry in the country is responsible for the exponential growth of forgoing industry here. A specialist in producing equipments for energy industry, Japan has Ring Rolling Forging and Tower Flanges as its major product capacity.
- USA: USA quite understandably has a large forging industry due to a vast automobile, energy and engineering industry. Highly organised and technology driven, the USA forging industry can be termed as the most advanced one. While research and development has always been the integral part of forging industry in this country, USA specialises in Impression Die Forging, Cold Forging, Open Die Forging, and Seamless Rolled Ring Forging.