Over decades, the picture framing industry has evolved and today expert framers use a wide range of materials to create masterpieces. They use high quality moldings to offer great value for customers.
One of the favorite materials used since ancient times for framing pictures is wood. Wood harvested from a variety of trees is used to create exquisite frames. The two predominant types of wood used for framing include softwood and hardwood.
Here are 13 tips on choosing the right wooden photo frames for your home.
- All over the world, there is a great demand for wooden photo frames as they add to the sophistication and elegance of any interior. Wooden frames are popular because they are extremely durable.
- Wooden picture frames are available in a wide range of different colors, designs, styles and finishes. Some of the common textures available include hand-painted, varnished, inlaid or carved.
- Wooden photo frames are also made by expert craftsmen in various shapes such as square, rectangular, circular, heart shaped and oval shaped. Some artisans also make customized wooden photo frames based on your specific preference.
- Hand-painted frameworks are made of softwood and are provided with intrinsic designs by the artists. Natural wood moulds are also widely appreciated by the art lovers worldwide.
- One of the favorite types of wood that adds elegance to the interiors is bamboo. This aesthetically attractive and appealing medium exquisitely highlights the beauty of photographs and art works.
- When it comes to wooden photo frames display, there are two different types to choose from namely the easel back and hanging loop. Easel back frames are perfect to be displayed on the side table, bench or desktop in offices and homes.
- If you want to display the painting, photographs or art works on the wall, hanging loop works the best.
- If you wish to add rustic charm and appeal to your interior, the best option would be the brass inlaid wooden picture frames. This frame exudes a bright gold appearance because it is made with a combination of copper and zinc. These ornate frames are perfect to be displayed as centre pieces in your home.
- This type of frame is intricately crafted by expert craftsmen by using wide range of fine brass inlay flowers. Foliages are highlighted using carved wood. These highly appealing wooden picture frames come in a wide range of designs. For example, some frames come with accentuated outer and inner edges with dark wood while there are some others that feature a curved design.
- Brass inlay wooden photo frames also differ in terms of floral patterns. These frames are ideal for giving away as gifts to your friends, relatives, family members and loved ones for any occasion.
- If you are fond of dark wood, you can choose the dark wooden picture frames. However, your choice of dark wood must depend on the style and cooler of your picture and whether it is traditional or contemporary. If your art work is bold, dark wood frames are ideal.
- It is important to make sure that the type of wooden photo frames you choose exquisitely complements your photo or painting. If you are looking to frame small photographs, you must go for a white matted thin frame. If, on the other hand, you are planning on framing small, conventional wedding photographs, thicker and larger frames will look better.
Wooden photo frames can be made more appealing by highlighting them with gold or silver. Especially frames made of dark wood look highly sophisticated and elegant if they are highlighted with gold or silver details.
Take time to choose the right wooden photo frames that adds style and beauty to your rooms. If you live in a home designed in contemporary style, go for designer frames that look sleek and modern.